Festival Volunteer Information
In the event there is information we need to disseminate quickly to all Festival volunteers, we encourage all of our Festival volunteers to sign up for a special text alert service: All you must do is to simply text Earth250 to 84483.
We need volunteers to assist with the following Earth Day events:
EARTH DAY FESTIVAL SET-UP
Saturday, April 25, 2015 | 8 am – 3:15 pm
Morning or Afternoon shifts
The Muny, Forest Park
EARTH DAY EVE
Saturday, April 25, 2015 | 4 pm – 7 pm
The Muny, Forest Park
ST. LOUIS EARTH DAY FESTIVAL
Sunday, April 26, 2015 | 10 am – 6 pm
The Muny grounds of Forest Park
Sunday, April 26, 2015 | 10 am – 4 pm
St. Louis Community College – Forest Park Campus, off Oakland Avenue
Both individuals and groups volunteer to help with set-up or during the event. All individual volunteers must be 18 years of age or older. Those younger than 18 years of age may volunteer if accompanied by an adult or as part of a group which has an adequate number of adults.
As a sign of our gratitude, we will provide a cool Earth Day t-shirt for each volunteer who registers by Tuesday, March 31, 2015. Volunteers are also treated to a special volunteer meal, appropriate to his/her shift time. In addition, volunteers are invited to register and attend Earth Day Eve for free ($10 for the general public). See Earth Day Eve page for registration link.
Thanks to our supporters who are donating food to fuel our volunteers: Chipotle Mexican Grill, Kaldis Coffee, and Whole Foods Market!
- Decide if you want to volunteer Saturday or Sunday or both!
- Click on the Volunteer Spot button to register!
- Fill out the volunteer registration form on Volunteer Spot! (NEW this year.)
- If you are part of a volunteer group, consult with your group leader for registration instructions and a group link.
- Once you’re registered, you’ll receive all the details you need for a safe and fun experience.
- Attend a volunteer orientation session at the Muny on Wednesday, April 15, 2015.
- Check in at the volunteer tent, and help produce the 2nd largest Earth Day celebration in the country!
2015 VOLUNTEER registration:
- GROUP volunteer registration Click HERE! (Any group of 6 or more persons should register as a group)
- Individual volunteer registration Click HERE!
Please register by March 31 to reserve a t-shirt. Volunteer registration ends April 10th.
Volunteer Orientations Dates:
Group Leader Orientation – strongly encourage group volunteer leaders THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ATTENDING!
Volunteer Orientation – strongly encouraged for all volunteers
WHEN: Wednesday, April 15, 2015: 4 – 5:15 pm OR 6 – 7:15 pm
WHERE: The Muny Orthwein Hall--Street parking is available. From the front of the Muny (where the main box office is located), proceed down the left (East) walkway towards the theatre. The backstage entrance is located midway up this walkway on the right. Orthwein Hall is located on the left, after the security station. Look for signs directing you towards the meeting room. Please note that backstage parking is for staff only. Click for map: Volunteer Orientation Map
WHAT: Learn everything you need to know to be an effective Earth Day volunteer. T-shirts, parking permits and posters will be available for pick up at both meeting times.
SIGN UP to receive notifications about future volunteer opportunities.