It’s been 6 months since Earth Day…how are you living Earth Day Every Day?
We celebrate our Half Birthday to encourage others to join us as we re-focus on our mission and build the momentum leading to the 2015 Earth Day Festival. Start planning your involvement by registering your business or organization for a booth at the event, propose an Educational Activity for the Festival or save the date (April 26) and plan to participate as a volunteer or attendee.
Thinking of an Earth Day action or environmental project that won’t take off without a little funding? Organizations, schools and community groups are encouraged to apply for an Earth Day Action Grant – learn more and apply today to turn your vision into a reality! Want to get inspired? Click here to learn about what last year’s grant recipients have been up to.
Don’t wait until April to celebrate Earth Day! Try these tips for everyday action that you can take to do your part and live as an environmentally-engaged citizen.
Start getting excited!
Here at the Earth Day office, we continue to tweak and improve the Festival offerings and brainstorm ways we can bring new friends into the fold. Our new Event Coordinator, Laura Allers-Lowry, really hit the ground running with Festival 2015 planning! She is a whirlwind of ideas and energy.
The 2015 Festival looks to be our best yet, with these plans in the works:
- A general theme of inclusion: Earth Day, Every Day… for Every One.
- Extended Festival hours: 10am – 6pm
- Adjustments to the layout, which includes new locations for the Earth Day Café, stages, and many of the exhibitor category areas, utilizing some new spaces on the beautiful grounds of the Muny in Forest Park
- An increased focus on showcasing Green Dining Alliance member restaurants in the Earth Day Café
- A new youth area with family entertainment, EcoArt, and hands-on educational activities, including a special focus on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), all in one place.
Want to participate?
Follow these links for quick access to information on how to get involved.
- Vendor/Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Farmer’s Market Application for booth registration (special pricing)
- Educational Activity Applications (special pricing)
- Earth Day Action Grant Applications
- Start saving your hard-to-recycle items for the Recycling Extravaganza (REX)
What’s a party without some silly pictures?
Join the fun and check out pictures from our super-fun Earth Day Half Birthday album. We offer special thanks to volunteer Emily Mahan who captured the party.
August – Festival Sponsorships Available
Oct. 22 – Booth Registration Opens
Oct. 22 – Earth Day Action Grants Applications Available
Dec. 19 – Early Bird Pricing Ends
Feb. 13 – Food Vendor Application Deadline
Feb. 20 – Volunteer Registration Opens
Feb. 23 – Group Volunteer Registration Opens
March 2 – Earth Day Cafe Vendors Announced
March 2 – Earth Day Action Grant Application Deadline
March 7 – Late Registration Period Begins
March 23 – Earth Month Kick-off
April 3 – Booth Registration Ends
April 10 – Volunteer Registration Ends
April 25 – Earth Day Half Birthday (fundraiser on the Muny Grounds)
April 26 – ST. LOUIS EARTH DAY FESTIVAL
April 26 – Recycling Extravaganza
TBD – Volunteer Orientation
TBD – Festival Evaluation Session