New leadership on the SLED Board
With a new year, comes changes in leadership of the St. Louis Earth Day Board of Directors. After serving as board President for 2 years, Traci Lichtenberg has stepped aside allowing Kakao Chocolate’s Brian Pelletier to hold the gavel. Prior to her departure, she conducted an inventory of board strengths and hopes to recruit a few new members in 2017. Specifically, the board is interested in bringing in a diverse group of individuals whose knowledge and skills will help continue to grow the relevance of our organization into the future. Brian brings years of marketing expertise with him which will continue to be useful as we build public awareness about the organization.
Both Staff and Board are very excited about the next 12 months:
- We will be holding our Taste of Green fundraiser in October, featuring some of the finest local chefs, who just happen to be members of the Green Dining Alliance.
- We are adding the Holiday Light Recycling Drive to our programming this year. [tentative]
- We will be expanding the Festival to a 2-day event in 2017.
- We are forming a Friends of St. Louis Earth Day group to engage a larger group of individuals in service, contributions, and networking.
- We are experiencing significant growth in demand for our Green Dining Alliance and Recycling On the Go programs, and hope to expand our capacity to meet that demand.