Join Our Team
St. Louis Earth Day has built its reputation on its annual Earth Day Festival, which is now recognized as one of the largest Earth Day celebrations in the country. The Festival has diverse educational programming and showcases 250 vendors and exhibitors that are influencing sustainability in the region. The organization maintains a year-round impact through programs like Recycling On the Go, Green Dining Alliance and Earth Day Action Grants, touching over a million individuals annually. Values which guide organizational planning and operations are: inclusive, action-oriented, transformative, collaborative and positive.
Hiring for the 2017 Season: Recycling On the Go Recycling Ambassadors
Most people believe they know how to recycle and yet, the U.S recycles less than half of our potential resources with increasing contamination rates. Engaging with thousands, our program averages nearly 70%, keeping over 60 tons of resources annually from landfills through recycling and composting event waste. Be a part of the solution. Learn how to make a difference and…
Experience some of the region’s best outdoor events in an unique way with our Recycling On the Go crew.
A community service-oriented experience: we get more thank yous in 4 hours than most people get all month!
Become a Recycling Ambassador – work with our Recycling On the Go Program Director and Site Supervisors to implement our event-greening program onsite. Many events employ a waste station model where staff and volunteers are needed to help attendees sort their waste into compost, recycling, and landfill. Educational, fun and engaging! If you love to be outside and would like to earn money while doing so, this is the perfect job for you. Flexible scheduling.
For a full job description, click on the position title above. Positions are part-time and seasonal (March – November), and Recycling Ambassadors pay $10/hour.
How to Apply:
- Review the Recycling Ambassador job description and visit the Recycling On the Go pages of our website.
- Send your resume (or relevant work/volunteer history), a letter of interest telling us why you’d like to work with Recycling On the Go and St. Louis Earth Day, and contact information for three references to email@example.com with the subject line “2017 ROG Staff”.
- If this is not possible, but you can perform the essential functions of the position, request an oral interview.
Site Supervisor positions also available.
How to Apply:
- View the Site Supervisor job description and visit the Recycling On the Go pages of our website.
- Submit the following:
- a letter of interest telling us why you’d like to work with Recycling On the Go and St. Louis Earth Day;
- a resume;
- a simple written position argument on why recycling at events is either important or merely a waste of time, money, and effort.
- Send the above 3 items and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2017 ROG Staff”.
View photos from previous ROG seasons on our Flickr page: www.flickr.com/photos/stlouisearthday/collections
– – – – –