St. Louis Earth Day is looking for a design concept to be the basis for our 2012 Festival logo!
Please keep in mind the following rules and regulations before submitting:
Email a valid file version (pdf, jpg, png, gif) of your design to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the subject line: “Logo Contest”.
Submission Deadline = February 5th, 2012 (11:59pm)
- Submissions must be inspired by and incorporate the theme “Heroes for the Planet: Ordinary People, Extraordinary Actions”.
- Artists may submit multiple designs, but they must be submitted as separate entries.
- Contestants must be 18 years or older but those younger than 18 may have their design submitted by a teacher, parent or guardian.
- Winner of the contest must be able and willing to make changes to the design, as directed by St. Louis Earth Day staff.
- Submissions should contain no more than four (4) colors and be your original work using no stock clip art images. By submitting a design you are guaranteeing that you hold rights to everything in it, and that it does not contain any copyrighted material.
- Submissions must be submitted in PDF, jpg, or gif format only.
- Submissions may not exceed 5MB. We will ask the winner for a high resolution original file.
- St. Louis Earth Day reserves the right to make any adjustments deemed necessary to the winning design.
- St. Louis Earth Day will have all rights to the winning design. By submitting an entry, you agree that if your design wins, it can be used by St. Louis Earth Day on all Festival promotional materials, including the event t-shirt.
- All submissions must be emailed with the following information to be considered eligible: Full Name, Address, Email, Phone Number, Date of Birth.
- Winner of the logo design contest will receive a 2012 St. Louis Earth Day Festival t-shirt, a prize package with items donated by vendors of the Festival, and recognition on the St. Louis Earth Day website, facebook page, twitter and in the relevant marketing emails.
- By submitting and entering the contest, you are agreeing to all contest rules and are attesting to the originality of your design.
- Any submitted idea, documentation, photograph or design entered in this contest will remain the exclusive property of St. Louis Earth Day and Entrant agrees that St. Louis Earth Day shall have the perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable right to edit, publish and use these materials in any way and in any and all media now or hereafter known for trade, advertising, promotional and/or other purposes as St. Louis Earth Day may determine in its sole discretion without further consideration to Entrant or winner.
- The Entrant agrees to assign all rights, title and interest into the submission, including copyright, to St. Louis Earth Day and waives his/her legal rights in the submission.
AUTHORIZATION TO USE WINNER’S NAME
- By submitting a design and accepting the contest prize, the winning Entrant permits St. Louis Earth Day to make public and otherwise use the winner’s name, biographical information, city of residence, and submitted work without further compensation in any media now known or hereafter developed for promotional and/or publicity purposes, unless prohibited by law.
SELECTION – new for 2012
- Up to six finalists will be selected by committee for online voting, based on creativity, aesthetic and practical application.
- Popular vote will determine up to three top designs which will then be taken to committee for the final decision.
- Not only will the winning design be seen ALL OVER TOWN… on posters, on t-shirts, on the web, on postcards, etc. but the designer will receive a prize package filled with goodies from St. Louis Earth Day Festival vendors and exhibitors!
Email a valid file version of your design to email@example.com. Include the subject line: “Logo Contest”.